Poll

if there was a Dragons campaign event over Easter in 2014, would you be interested in attending?

Hell yes!
Hell no, going to Empire.
Hell no, I'd rather have Easter at home.

Author Topic: Dragons Easter event 2014  (Read 7663 times)

Elizabeth Gould

• Dragons
  • High Bard
Re: Dragons Easter event 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30:01 PM »
Bring it on wherever it's set... I *was* Erin all the way until this scrap of suede told me I had to be neutral... ;)
High Bard of the Dragons, Oathsworn to guild and faction. Look for a battered straw hat... if it's in the hands of a golden-glamoured fey instead of on my head please return both hat and daughter...
What do? Do best. Be right.

Sue Rickard

• Dragons
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 08:00:39 PM »
I'm in Lorraine's camp on this one. Coircre may be Erinnish, but Danu is Mother to ALL Dragons and she takes that quite seriously, even if Danu doesn't live in her head anymore. She is, was and always will be Danu's. Therefore, if the Dragon's need her, (and Sue can make it), she will be there. I understand other folks thing of , not my town, so to speak, but one of the things I do IC is try to make everyone remember we are Dragon. ALL of us. Even the dodgey ones who keep landing us in trouble. Cael, I'm looking at you! :P So, yes. If the Dragon needs me to help other Dragons, I will attempt to be there. To be honest, if I had the money, I would attend every event and go to other peoples to show how awesome us Dragons are. :)

Neil Prentice

• Dragons
  • Forum Junior
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »
Being all Lore Wardeny its my job to bring magical fire to all the Dragons enemies regardless of where they are.

Erm, I mean I love all Dragons and don't care whether you're from Erin or Cymria and will happily support you...

...burn our enemies...

Mike

• Trollsville
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 11:37:21 AM »
If there aint an event i have no excuse and have to spend time with the Family.  Save me!!
For Bob we Crush

Jonathan Woodhouse

• Dragons
  • Forum Junior
  • Wolfhound-kin.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »
Given the way bookings for GoWest are looking Mike I would be surprised if Faccom chose to hold more than a single sanctioned next year and Easter is right atop the Mainlines which always causes booking problems. :(
Maddyn
CuDraig

"As the Bards have Three Strains to their music so I shall have Three Howls to protect the Dragon."

Oisin Creaner

• Dragons
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
I play the Cyrian ones and monster the erin ones.

I do the opposite, I play Erin. I think it's only fair that I play some and monster some and this is an easy way of deciding which.
See, part of me thinks this attitude is great - giving back to the faction and all that - and part of me worries that it's a bit of a problem.  It can be tricky, especially for a smaller faction like ours, to balance making sure we have enough monsters to make the event fun, and making sure there's enough of ours playing the event that the factional identity is clear.  I've heard (though I am open to being corrected) that Gangs of Gorsenydd had almost as many Vipers as Dragons.  It may be better to try to reach out to the "foreigners" to get them to monster the event, and for as many of us as possible to play all the events. 

As an aside, I apologise for not making the last few events, finances and time have not been my friends, lately.  On the other hand, Easter sounds like a good option.
IC: Micheal Mac Greasai.  Paladin of Danu, Tanaiste of Ulster, Headsman of the Dragons and Dean of Associated Disciplines
OC: Oisin Creaner

Jonathan Woodhouse

• Dragons
  • Forum Junior
  • Wolfhound-kin.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
On paper it was more but a good dozen I think it was, dragon players, couldn't make it last minute. So we ended up with around 20wolves-vipers and around 24 dragons.
Maddyn
CuDraig

"As the Bards have Three Strains to their music so I shall have Three Howls to protect the Dragon."

Tony Cunningham

• Dragons
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
I've always done the 'play Cymrian, monster erin' events so i do my fair share of monstering.
but i've no problem with putting a note on the bottom of the booking form, or checking a check box saying "Will play if asked".
In the dim and distant past i have been asked to monster rather than play so i suppose i can do the reverse.

Mark Joyce

• Dragons
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 10:25:45 PM »
I chose hell yes, but - and this is the crux - I am a manager in a *name removed*   :D retail outlet, and easter is - frankly - difficult.....  the answer of hell yes still applies, but with a certain amount of "maybe/maybe not"....

Michelle Palmer

• Dragons
    • Shaphron's Musings
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
We'd love to come and monster - child-minding may be difficult. Will have to find out what family are doing around the time. We feel guilty for asking for so much child-minding for events...
Moreta Leafblown
Alchemist and Scribe
Children of Phedes

Sarah Rose

• Dragons
  • "She Who Learns"
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
It's work-dependent for me (as usual), but IC, Ide's not too fussy where things get held. First, the more she pitched in, the quicker she got home. Now, she said that the Dragons were her extended pack and she'll help out wherever.

Strange

• Dragons
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
I like events.  Providing my arm os working again by then.
Caél Maclachlann
Some Guy

Matt Strange - Lord of Larp
That's never getting old.

Phil Callan

• Administrator
  • Forum Junior
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
You have an arm OS???
Kellen Morghun
No matter how dark the night - always burn like a fire.

Phil
Dragon Faction 2 IC
Noise maker and wrangler of players

Strange

• Dragons
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »
Yup, twice, but one of them's being revoked fpr a little while.
Caél Maclachlann
Some Guy

Matt Strange - Lord of Larp
That's never getting old.