Poll

if there was a Dragons campaign event over Easter in 2014, would you be interested in attending?

Hell yes!
Hell no, going to Empire.
Hell no, I'd rather have Easter at home.

Author Topic: Dragons Easter event 2014  (Read 7662 times)

Phil Callan

• Administrator
  • Forum Junior
    • My Soundcloud
Dragons Easter event 2014
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
Hi all,

The Dragons have traditionally always done a campaign event over Easter. We didn't this year, because of the first Empire event and the lack of support for the War Council. Assuming that Empire still runs over Easter next year, would you be interested in attending a four-day Dragons Campaign event over Easter weekend?

We're not going to talk about what the contents of event may or may not be at this stage; we have ideas, but we want to gauge interest before we start planning something that ends up not being supported by our players.

Cheers,

Phil
Kellen Morghun
No matter how dark the night - always burn like a fire.

Phil
Dragon Faction 2 IC
Noise maker and wrangler of players

Mez D Longley

• Dragons
Re: Dragons Easter event 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:49:15 PM »
Im a bit torn on this Phil/Command. I said no i'd prefer to spend easter at home but its a mix between that and hell yes. Id like to spend easter with my children but often we have family that ask to do stuff with them so then id want to go. :S
Court Of Miracles
Welcome Wagon
Ard Brehon

Andy McDonald

• Dragons
  • Forum Veteran
  • Brehon, Ambassador, Leinster, Orc
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
If this were a long campaign event (Thurs - Mon) that would be epic. Pricey, I dare say, but epic.
"Did you do anything stupid? And by 'anything stupid', I mean anything at all."

Brendan Foster

• Dragons
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
There wasn't a button for YES YES YES YES YES YE GODS YES!!!!!!!

So I pressed Hell yes! instead.....

Paul Mervyn Dennison

• Harts
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »
Admittedly, it will depend upon transport, but I put yes, because it would be pretty awesome. And I do want to go
Wall: 2013
Ruairidh: 2013
Manawydan Morghun: 2013
Digon ap Alar :  2014
Hob: 2014
Gianluca Deodati:2014-2015
Wilful Murder: 2015

Dave

• Non-Dragons
  • Go on, call me a fairy.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Again, torn... a long weekend chilling out with beer and mates at home, or a long weekend of physical and mental punishment with beer and mates in a field.

It would have to depend on what the event promises. If it's four days in Banbury, I'm not going. Four days at the Grange/Barnswood? different story. Four days of fae politics where I can't take an affect knife? No. Four days on a live site fighting a ground war for control of a villa that has a veranda and nice coffee, maybe fresh squeezed orange juice and gentle guitar music in the mornings? Mmm, that would be nice. Nothing sets me up for a day of violence like a good coffee, enjoyed in silence while someone plays Spanish guitar quietly. Then maybe at about half past twelve we could stop for a cold lager and a bag of ready salted crisps, before a spot of lunch at about two? We could have ham sandwiches and chips with salt and vinegar; that would be ace. Of course between meals we'd be committing war crimes and taking names, then we could go for an evening meal at about seven. Is seven too late? I don't think so, but then I like to eat late. I think something like a slow roasted shoulder of lamb would be nice, one that's been marinaded all the day before, then cooked so slow the meat just falls of the bone when you touch it with a fork. I think that would see us through to the cheese board at about half one ish, and at two we could open a bottle of red. Yeah. I'd like that.

Ahem, sorry.

But yeah, four days of extreme violence: very probably.
Elias
Court of The Mountain

Lottie Jackson

• Dragons
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:01 PM »
sounds really interesting and as much as i'd love to add another event to my diary next year i'm actually in a show that has it's dress rehearsal on easter monday which means Dizzy can't come out to play :(
Lottie xx

Zoe Prosser

• Dragon Plot
  • Forum Junior
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
Question that is from me - not plot team or anyone else...

Out of curiousity would it affect your decision if it was Erin or Cymrija?

Paul Mervyn Dennison

• Harts
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »
On an OC level? No

On an IC level, not really, depending on where in Erin might make more of a need to go. For the current guy at least.

If I chump it, I will almost certainly still go unless IRL difficulties interfere
Wall: 2013
Ruairidh: 2013
Manawydan Morghun: 2013
Digon ap Alar :  2014
Hob: 2014
Gianluca Deodati:2014-2015
Wilful Murder: 2015

Lorraine McKee

• Dragons
  • Forum Junior
  • Flaming psycho kender
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
The Erin/Cymrija divide is something that has, for a long time, really annoyed me.  It's mostly IC but somewhat on an OC level because it can really effect how an event runs from the perspective of someone looking at characters, frontliners, healers and general running a warband.

It's a Dragon problem.  I'll go.  Sure, I may be more invested in certain plot lines because of x thing doing y to people I like.  Perhaps I have the luxury of being in a Dwarven unit, which means that it's all above ground from my character's perspective.  I have consistently found Erin plot easier for my character to faceplant into for the last few years, so I've done so because, well, she understands it better.  I hope to make that change soon and get to grips with Cymrijan stuff better, but frankly, I don't care where it's set.  I will never say "my character wouldn't get involved with that because they're not from [wherever]."  I will find an excuse to get involved if I enjoy the plot or like the people going.  That's not to say that I don't respect those who do play that game, and it's not to say I don't understand deferring to folks who *are* from those places and have a vested interest.  I guess being Warmaster has put me in the mind that it's all a *factional* problem and neither actually matters a jot (to me).

The TLDR version:  No, no it doesn't matter.  If I can find an excuse to go and invade Nihon, I'll find an excuse to play an Erinite event.  I am also aware that I have a differing opinion to others in the faction.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars -- because they are shiny.

Worst.  Parent.  Ever.

Phil Callan

• Administrator
  • Forum Junior
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
I agree with a lot of what Lorraine says here. While plot has to take place somewhere, we are trying to make current (and certainly any new plot) interesting and significant to characters from Erin, Cymrija or Caer Dannon (poor Caer Dannon, nobody ever mentions it.  :( )

Personally it's always seemed a little short-sighted IC to say "it's not my problem" - after all, if someone kills off your neighbours it's likely they'll pop next door at some point in the future.  ;D

Obviously we can't make characters care about what happens in an area that they don't have a particular connection to, but we can hopefully give you enough reasons to want to see stuff dead regardless to where it lives.  ;)

Going back to the original topic though, what we're aiming to gauge is how much interest we would get if we booked a site for Easter next year. The exact specifics of the event will be worked out nearer the time, but it's nice to be hearing your feedback.

Thanks guys.
Kellen Morghun
No matter how dark the night - always burn like a fire.

Phil
Dragon Faction 2 IC
Noise maker and wrangler of players

Dave

• Non-Dragons
  • Go on, call me a fairy.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
Erin, Cymria, Caer Dannon... Its all violence, I'm in.
Elias
Court of The Mountain

Tony Cunningham

• Dragons
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »
I've always found the divide quite handy.
I play the Cymrian ones and monster the erin ones.

Steph Waldron

• Dragons
  • High Healer
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
I play the Cyrian ones and monster the erin ones.

I do the opposite, I play Erin. I think it's only fair that I play some and monster some and this is an easy way of deciding which.
"Have fun, don't die!"

Mez D Longley

• Dragons
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
Sorry Phil im joining in the pushing away from topic, my first post still remains on the date, but to clarify on the Location point, I'll play IC related events and monster the others. Simple as. If not Monster, I dont mind helping set-up etc
Court Of Miracles
Welcome Wagon
Ard Brehon